Monday, June 28, 2010

Tales of Monkey Island with Mai Tais

It's hot in my apartment. I do not have air conditioning, and thus have been seeking refuge in refreshing drinks. While I was making some Mai Tais with Havana Bay rum, my lovely girlfriend, Tiana, suggested that we play Tales of Monkey Island while we drink them. This sounded like a very good plan.

While normally I would drink straight rum with pirate games, as Tiana pointed out, Tales of Monkey Island is not your typical pirate game. Just like the rest of the Monkey Island games that have been made over the last two decades, Tales of Monkey Island is colorful and goofy. The adventures of wisecracking pirate Guybrush Threepwood are best enjoyed at a leisurely pace, and tropical cocktails are a great accompaniment. In fact, I'm feeling so thoroughly relaxed from the pairing that I think I'll just finish this post quickly and get back to it. Besides, my laptop is heating the room up unnecessarily.

No comments:

Post a Comment